We’ve been nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award!! TWICE!!
Thank you so so much MS Fowle aka Mel (http://msfowle.wordpress.com/) and Emily Guido (http://emilyguido.com/) for doing us the honour of nominating us. What with being swamped with our very ambitious target of 366 books by the year end and the vagaries of everyday life (sadly, yes, we still have to put up with those. There’s no book fairy who’s rescued us :-/), these awards are as unexpected as they’re welcome.
Thank you so, so much for loving easyondeyes. Trust us, if the blog were a person it would be grinning from ear to ear right now … much like Lewis Caroll’s Cheshire cat.
I am told Sapna and I need to tell you 7 things about us that were not common knowledge so far and nominate 15 other blogs for the award. That seems a little tricky since I’m sure there are people we know reading this. So, for all those people who fall in that category … please refrain from being painful and saying ‘I already knew that!’ 😛
For the rest of you! We look forward to seeing more of you! 😀
As far as nominating 15 other blogs goes … nothing could make us happier!! 😀
7 things you didn’t know about us.
1. Sapna and Sharmistha met when they both worked for a well-known women’s magazine in India but only started the blog after Sapna had gotten married and moved to another city. We thought of starting the blog when we realised that we were both looking for a new project and that most of our conversations had become about ‘have you read this book and that?’ And it sort of snowballed from there till it became even bigger than us.
2. Sharmistha is also an … ahem … aspiring author and hopes to see her children’s books published someday … soon. If her memory serves her right she wrote her first story at 5 and has, since then, constantly been spinning tales in her head.
3. Sapna’s been wearing glasses since she was about 6 years of age.
4. As an army kid, Sharmistha travelled the length and breadth of India and one of her most memorable moments was when she fell off the ledge of an under-construction 4th floor as a 9 year-old and clung on by her little fingers till her friend pulled her up. (My parents still don’t know )
5. Sapna met with her first accident when learning how to ride a scooter by riding straight into a cow’s ass. Ouch!
6. Sharmistha dreams of owning a book store/cafe someday where people can come and lounge around and read all day long if they wished and nobody would ever chase them out.
7. Sapna is collecting books to create her own mini library at home.
And here’s our list of nominations for the Versatile Bloggers Award. Congratulations! 😀
1. Secret life of a Manhattan Call Girl – It takes courage to live the life she’s lived and something more than that to then go out, take your courage in your hands and talk about it in the hope that you can reach more people out there! Hats off!
2. LadyRomp – Her blog is a dedication to women all over the world, across all fields. It is actually amazing to see how and what women achieve and have achieved!
3. Buried Words and Bushwa. – A fellow Terry Pratchett fan, what more could we want. But we also love Metan’s choice of topics and the quirky perspectives the blog offers us on all things we love under the sun.
4. Words are all I have .. to take your heart away – This one’s a poetry blog by an amateur poet. We commend Vince for putting his poetry out there … not many have the courage … and for writing poetry that resounds in your mind after you’ve read it.
5. Heather & Fred’s excellent adventure – They have quit their jobs, put their belongings in a storage, rented out their home and set out an adventure to visit two continents, 13 countries in 6.5 months. Wow! We wish them all the fun. We envy them and their blog will make you want to make you pack your bags and set out on an adventure like theirs.
6. Edilio Ciclostile – We like the way Edilio was born during a boring conference. It’s interesting how the various drawings on this blog manage to say a lot – feelings, desires, expressions, thoughts – all of it!!
7. Manipal’s PhotoBlog – “…. Because a picture can paint a thousand words.” Its true. Check out Preetam’s blog and you will know what we are talking about.
8. What Jane read next – She loves reading – here, there and everywhere! She reads ’em all – I doubt there is a genre of books that doesn’t suit her taste. Check out her blog for book reviews.
9. Write, Wrong and Everything InBetween Reviews – Something interesting about the blog name, no? Well, she has it all under one roof for you – reviews of books, authors, writers, movies, television and music. What more could you ask for?
10. The Other Watson – In his words – ” I’m just a guy who says things about things and sometimes writes them down. I read, write, teach, love, fly, timetravel…” A fellow book reviewer, we are sure you will like his blog and his sense of humor.
11. knowthesphere – “Listen with the Heart. Express with the Soul”. And that’s what he does. Jeremiah talks about anything he finds interesting, important or life changing. His attempt to get a few thoughts out of the basement definitely makes for an interesting read.
12. thoughts on my bookshelf – Just as the name says, Insibet, an aspiring writer, talks about the books on her shelf and the thoughts they inspire.
13. blackberriesandbloodoranges – For all you food lovers’ – whether you like to cook or eat, you definitely do not want to miss out on Vanessa’s blog.
14. little grey box – Having a bad day? Well, not like you can’t visit the blog otherwise. The littlebox makes sure you leave smiling. A fun blog with the right amount of humor.
15. Canadian Cinephile – Calling all you movie lovers to check out this amazing site for movie reviews. And no, it isn’t restricted to Canadian movies!
And of course, Mel and Emily, you know you’re always on the list!! 😀
Thank you so so much, for everything, everybody! For reading, writing, passing through and just being … !
May you always live in a place of beauty! 😀
If you are nominated, you’ve been awarded the Versatile Blogger award.
- Thank the person who gave you this award.
- Include a link to their blog.
- Next, select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly.
- Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award
- Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.